DanStrong

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
~~ H.G. Wells

Thursday, July 31, 2014

How to Be a #PMC2014 Stalker!

Back despite popular demand: You can be a #PMC2014 Stalker! 

Here's how.

Just like last year, I have decided to err on the side of "over-sharing".
I'll be using an app on my Android phone, called Glympse, that will allow me to broadcast my location, so that you (yes you!) can follow my progress on a map from the comfort of your web browser (or SmartPhone). 

All you need to do to track me is point your browser at this link: http://glympse.com/!pmc2014      If you go there right now it might say I'm "Expired", but don't despair: I'm alive and well -- just not actively updating my location...   Be patient. ;-)

And yet there's more...

Not only will you be able to track my progress, you'll also be able to see the progress of any other riders who've 1) installed the glympse app on their phones and 2) joined public glympse group !pmc2014.

Actually, I'm hoping that a lot of other riders and PMC volunteers/well-wishers will use Glympse on their phones and join the !pmc2014 group!  It'll ve cool to check where folks are when you're resting at a water stop, or when you've arrived at Bourne or P-Town.   (And it makes it easier for families and riders to find each other on the route, too.)

Effective tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, I'll have Glympse active on my phone.  You should be able to track me while I'm milling around at Babson taking care of registration and watching the opening ceremonies.  Please start checking out  http://glympse.com/!pmc2014 to see where I am -- and hopefully other riders are.   And please watch my Facebook page for updates at https://www.facebook.com/doug.mcpherson as I'll be uploading pictures there as I take them over the weekend.
So... Bye for now.  Gotta start getting my stuff ready!
/doug

No comments:

Post a Comment