DanStrong

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
~~ H.G. Wells

Monday, August 8, 2011

PMC 2011 is Over. Here are some quick notes.

Well, the 32nd Pan Mass Challenge is done and on the books.   I'll have a more complete trip report later, but here are a couple of thumbnail/highlights...

The ride was great, as always.  Saturday started humid.   Sunday started with a monsoon at Bourne, but gradually cleared up.  By the end of the day, however, the rain set back in at Provincetown.

We had a weekend total of 21 hospital visits:
Saturday: 9 riders and 2 volunteers - all released on Saturday
- 7 bike collision
- 1 heart evaluation
- 1 dehydration
Sunday: 10 riders:
- 1 transfer to Boston for hip fracture
- 7 bike falls - all released
- 2 concussions - both released

On the whole this isn't so bad, considering that the Sunday ride started in the rain and the roads were wet all day...

You can see my GPS track logs/stats from the ride here: 

I'm happy with my pace on the stats.  I'll take an 18.5 mpg average speed over 110 miles any time.  And 16.3 mph average on Day 2 in the rain is not too bad.

Finally, we had a superstar rider this year for the Saturday ride: Lance Armstrong. 

More later.
/doug

No comments:

Post a Comment