DanStrong

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
~~ H.G. Wells

Monday, June 15, 2009

Where's Doug ?

I've been playing with the new Google Latitude service via my Blackberry for the last few months, and have found it works pretty well -- well enough that I'm willing to plug it here. "Latitude" is a google offering that allows you to share your physical location with people via the web via your cell phone.

In fact, it works well enough that I intend to take my Blackberry along for this years PMC so anyone who is so inclined will be able to see my progress along the route via the web.

For example, if you wanted to know where I am (or more precisely: where my phone is) right now, you can go to http://www.ixen.com/where-is-doug , and you'll see my icon (StrongBad) overlayed on a (static) google map image.

It's a little silly, and not exactly as thrilling as a "live helmet-cam video feed" would be... but it's free and I thought I'd throw it out there for your entertainment -- and mine. ;-)

/doug

No comments:

Post a Comment