DanStrong

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
~~ H.G. Wells

Friday, July 31, 2009

Ready to Roll.




Back from NH yesterday afternoon. Got the bike cleaned and prepped for the ride. The rear wheel needed to be trued (warped a little from the severe braking on the downhills in NH) and I located the slow leaks and replenished my stock of tubes...

Sandy lamintated my "passengers" collage so that it would hopefully hold up better over the weekend, and I was able to attach it to my bike 'trunk'. Like so:


In case you were wondering what I carry with me, here's a pic that show the "junk in my trunk":
Clockwise from 12:00: the red bandana is holding 3 CO2 cartridges and an inflator (tomorrow my camelbak bladder will go where the bandana is); GPS; SPF50 sunblock, Schrade multi-tool; red blinky, Topeak multi-tool, tubes (3, hidden from view) and 1st aid kit. Blackberry and extra batteries will be thrown in tomorrow.

So, it's time for bed. If you're on teh interwebs this weekend, you can check my location during the ride at this link: http://ixen.com/where-is-doug

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment