DanStrong

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
~~ H.G. Wells

Thursday, July 30, 2009

So long to the White Mountains...Counting the hours.

Today we pack up, say goodbye to the White Mountains and head back home to Littleton. Never seem to stay quite long enough up here, but we have to get laundry done and prep for PMC weekend. Rear tire has developed a chronic slow leak up here in NH, so will need to replace that tomorrow, and remember to pack extra tubes & CO2.

I didn't log as many miles as I probably should have up here, but the time spent with Sandy and the boys was really good. Hopefully, the weather will hold and I won't cramp up this weekend.

I have to say that I'm flabbergasted at how generous everyone has been this year in donations for the Jimmy Fund. I had fully expected this to be an exceptionally lean year for the PMC. As it turns out, it's been a record-breaking year for me: your donations have exceeded my initial goals for the first time in six years of riding the PMC! THANK YOU ALL. Over the last week there's been an influx of donations and I haven't had time to get back to everyone with a thank you note yet. I will.

Thanks. Gotta go pack now.

/doug

No comments:

Post a Comment