DanStrong

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
~~ H.G. Wells

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

For those with Google Earth: The PMC 2-Day Route


People often ask me about the route that everyone rides on the PMC. I can only speak about the "classic" 2-day ride from Sturbridge to Provincetown, since that's the only route I've ridden.

On last year's PMC, I took my GPS along so that I'd have a log of the ride with actual elevation, speed and waypoints for later review.

If you have a little curiosity, some free time and Google Earth on your PC (and you should -- it's free and incredibly cool), you can download and view my GPS waypoints and "virtually ride" the route via Google Earth.. I split the track log into 2 files: one for Day 1 (Sturbridge to Bourne -- about 111 miles) and one for Day 2 (Bourne to Provincetown -- about 82 miles).

I don't know if the 2009 2-day route is substantially different. They change a little from year to year. Anyway... just thought I'd make those links available for the curious.

TTYL!
/doug

No comments:

Post a Comment